TAPPI Presents Essential Training on Industry’s Best Practices in August
TAPPI announces open registration for the TAPPI Best Practices on the Corrugator Course taking place Saturday and Sunday, August 7 and 8, prior to SuperCorrExpo® 2021 in Orlando, Florida. This two-day training is expressly designed to strengthen attendees’ understanding of each element in the complex corrugating process, which can lead to higher productivity and profitability, better quality and reduced waste and downtime.
TAPPI’s Best Practices on the Corrugator Course is offered for anyone working on corrugators as well as corrugator operators, box plant supervisors, production managers, engineers, technical service managers, consultants and sales support.
The panel of instructors collaborated to design a course curriculum that focuses on:
• The basics of how each component in the corrugator system works
• How to run each component with optimum settings for peak performance
• The critical properties of raw materials vital for quality board
• How to adopt the “Centerline Process” to achieve product consistency
• Causes of excess waste and how to measure and eliminate this waste
Instructors encourage attendees to bring product samples with them, their individual challenges and questions. In many cases, attendees will learn additional information from listening to answers provided from others in the room.
After completing this course, attendees should be able to
• Describe elements of the corrugating process.
• Troubleshoot the most common operational problems.
• Recognize critical properties of paperboard, starch adhesive and how to control warp.
• Describe the centerline conditions for running the corrugator.
• Explain how to control stop time and keep it to a minimum.
• Describe how to be compliant with quality and reach maximum speed of the corrugator.
• Explain the importance of training/cross training the crew and motivating the team to become a high performance team.
More details about the course schedule, including CEUs available, registration and fees are available at TAPPI.org/BESTCORR.